The Edgewood Local Professional Development Committee (ELPDC) is a group of Edgewood teachers and administrators who are available to provide the resources you will need to complete your documentation for your Individualized Professional Development Plan. The IPDP process allows you to earn “Edge” points for professional development activities that are accepted towards renewing your Ohio teaching license. We have provided samples and information for your use. (Listed at the bottom of this page.) It also will allow you to download and utilize the forms our committee requires for the process of completing your IPDP. On this site, you will also find our Edge Point Chart, with samples of professional development activities that are accepted and what documentation is required for evidence of completion of those activities. The guidelines for the IPDP and the ELPDC are both included for your reference. Please see your building rep anytime for assistance. All meetings are held at EES in room 303 from 3:30-5:00 on the second Monday of each month. All dates and information are listed below:
|Monday, September 14, 2020||Seven Mile - Tanya Smythe|
|Monday, September 21, 2020||Babeck - Pat Wiita|
|Monday, October 12, 2020||EES - Tara Hunt|
|Monday, November 9, 2020||EMS - Richard Grow|
|Monday, December 14, 2020||EHS - Rose Harvey|
|Monday, January 11, 2021||Admin. - Scott Fussnecker|
|Monday, February 8, 2021||Admin. - Pam Theurer|
|Monday, March 8, 2021||Admin. - Jeff Banks|
|Monday, April 19, 2021||Admin. - Alesia Beckett|
|Monday, May 10, 2021|
|Monday, May 17, 2021|
Responsibilities of the Educator as required by the Ohio Department of Education
- Meet licensure renewal requirements in a timely manner, including the submittal of the licensure renewal applications;
- Know the professional development and renewal application requirements for educator licensure, including the meaning of licensure issuance and expiration;
- Choose coursework and other professional development activities that reflect the principles of quality professional development;
- Know district goals, particularly as identified in the district Comprehensive Continuous Improvement Plan (CCIP).
Abide by LPDC Operating Procedures:
- Follow the LPDC procedures, criteria and timelines for reviews of IPDPs, coursework and other professional development activities;
- Submit the IPDP for LPDC approval soon after receiving a new or renewed license;
- Obtain LPDC approval of the IPDP before engaging in professional development for licensure renewal; professional development that is done either before or outside the scope of an approved IPDP will not be accepted for licensure renewal.
Keep records of all licensure and LPDC transactions, particularly the LPDC review and approval of an IPDP, coursework and other professional development activities. (We suggest of 3 ring notebook to secure all paperwork).
For any certified/licensed person hired by the Edgewood Board of Education from another school district, the ELPDC shall accept activities both previously approved by that district and completed prior to the individual’s employment at Edgewood. Remaining hours, however, will have to be evaluated and approved by the ELPDC. All materials approved by the outside district shall be submitted to the ELPDC by October 1 of the initial year of employment, or within sixty (60) calendar days if employed after the start of the school year.