Here is the state standard on which your child is currently working in 6th Grade art.
The current project is 1 Point Perspective Drawings
Standards upon which this project is based:
- 4PE Connect selected ideas, concepts and processes used in visual art with those used in other academic disciplines.
- 4PR Transform perceptions and processes into two- and three dimensional artworks.
- 2RE Describe content, meaning and design in various works of art using accurate, descriptive language and art-specific vocabulary.
Here are the state standards on which your child is currently working in 7th Grade art.
- 2PR Manipulate materials, tools, technology in conventional and unconventional ways to create a work of art.
- 6PR Demonstrate understanding of visual literacy, illustration and graphic communication
Here are the state standards on which your child is currently working in 8th Grade art.
- 2RE Explain and defend their artistic decisions using visual art vocabulary.
- 6PE Identify professions that use artistic and problem-solving skills.
- 3PR Use critical thinking and visual literacy to communicate a specific idea
- As always, we are connecting our curriculum to current reading and writing standards.
- Grade 8 art incorporates writing, reflection and research at the beginning, middle and end of each project.
These standards will change as we move on to new material. Please check back often! We encourage conversations about these standards so you can monitor your child's progress and understanding more effectively.