Bus routes for the 2020-2021 school year have been posted. Each bus route list is organized by school. Click on your student's school (from the list of blue boxes on the left of this screen). When viewing the list, search by address. The bus number along with the pickup (AM) and drop off time (PM) is listed for each address.
- If you have questions regarding your student's bus route, please call the Transportation Office at (513) 867-3419. Please leave a detailed message along with your name, address, and phone number. Your call will be returned.
- If you have moved, please call the Central Registration Office at (513) 867-3416. This action must be taken before changes can made to your student's bus route.
- Please arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the arrival of the bus.
- We ask for your patience during the first few weeks of school. Buses typically run later than what is posted on the bus route lists. They will adjust to the posted time within a few weeks of the start of school.
- Parents and guardians with Kindergarten students, please be outside at the bus stop for your Kindergartner.
- Per the Director's Order issued by the Ohio Department of Health, a mask or facial covering must be worn when riding a school bus and when waiting for a school bus outdoors and a student is unable to maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their household. A facial covering (mask) is any material that covers an individual's nose, mouth and chin. Exceptions to this are provided in the Ohio Department of Health Director's Order Requiring the Use of Facial Coverings in Child Education Settings. Click here for the details.
- If you would need to reference these route lists in the future, they can be located on our district's website (www.edgewoodschools.com), under Transportation.
Student Safety & Expectations
School bus drivers shall maintain bus discipline in order to promote safety pursuant to all state and local rules and regulations. Pupils have a right to due process as provided by Board Policy. Failure to abide by the following rules may result in disciplinary action including the suspension of transportation services:
- Arrive at the bus stop ten minutes early; wait a safe distance from traffic, at least 10 feet from the bus.
- While waiting, respect other individuals, their possessions and surrounding property.
- If you must cross the street to board your bus, obey the driver's hand signal and walk at least 10 feet in front of the bus. If several students disembark together, those who cross the street to go home should exit first. All students should move directly to their residence side of the street once they exit the bus.
- Enter the bus calmly, sit in assigned seat, face forward, and keep aisles clear. In some cases, youngsters will be assigned three to a seat.
- Observe Edgewood's Student Code of Conduct, and obey driver promptly and respectfully.
- Be silent at all railroad crossings.
- Do not eat, drink, or chew gum on the bus.
- Carry only those objects, including musical instruments on the bus which can be properly secured and held on a lap. Headphones, boomboxes, balls, toys, etc. must be kept in book bags. All pets stay home! Drivers may confiscate anything carried on the bus.
- Do not throw, pass, or hang objects on, from, or into the bus. Keep entire body within bus.
Misbehavior on the Bus
If misbehavior occurs, discipline procedures will generally be based on the following guidelines:
- A student will be referred to the office with a write-up from the bus driver stating the misbehavior. Parents will be contacted explaining that an official warning has been given and that misbehavior could result in removal from the bus.
- If the student is written up by the bus driver for a second time, the student will meet with the principal or assistant principal. Parents may be asked to attend this meeting.
- If a student is referred a third time, severe disciplinary action may be taken, including suspension from riding the bus for a period of time. Parents are responsible for transporting children to and from school when their bus privileges are suspended.
- Dangerous acts on the bus may result in immediate suspension from the bus.
Permission to Change Buses or Stops
- All students who are eligible for transportation services must ride the bus that is assigned to their route. Switching of buses will not be permitted for the 2020-2021 school year.
BUS SERVICE FAQS
Q. Does my child's babysitter or day-care have to be in the same school attendance area as our house?
A. If we are to provide bus transportation to or from school, then yes, the babysitter's home or day-care center does have to be in the same elementary school area for grades kg and up. We simply don't have enough buses and drivers to take students being picked up in one school area to different schools in the other areas.
Q. What if circumstances arise that I may need to change sitters?
A. If you cannot find one in the same attendance area then you will need to provide transportation.
Q. Can I have different pick-up and drop-off arrangements on different days of the week?
A. We know there are many situations where it would help if we could do this. But our experience is that it gets so complicated keeping track of the children that their safety could be compromised. For that reason, we ask that the pick-up and drop-off arrangements be the same Monday through Friday.
Q. What if I have moved or would like to make changes to my child's transportation?
A. You must then go to Central Registration, 3509 Busenbark Road (Medical Building) in order to make changes to your child's transportation. This again is for the safety of your child.
Q. Suppose one day my child is planning to take the bus home but then something comes up and I need to pick her up after school. How can I let her know?
A. If you call the school, we will tell your child not to take the bus but instead to wait for you to arrive in the office area. You can then pick up your child at dismissal time. You may be asked for photo identification, in order to ensure your child's safety.
Q. How can I find out my child's bus stop and when the bus will come?
A. The route information is available on the district website or at your child's school.
Q. Who do I call if I have other questions?
A. Please feel free to call our Transportation Department at 513-867-3419.