- When a 2 Hour Delay is issued, AM Preschool will be cancelled for that day.
- When possible, we will attempt to make the decision to delay or close school by 10:00 pm, the evening prior to the affected day. Multiple modes of communication (see details below) will be used to notify our students, parents, and staff.
- If we need to make the decision to delay or cancel school after 12:00 am, communications will be issued no earlier than 5:00 am.
- District offices remain open when school is cancelled or released early. District administrators, school principals, and central office staff will report to work when conditions are safe for them to do so. School building offices will not be open during regular hours.
- No announcement means "school as usual."
- Edgewood City Schools will close on days when the temperature and/or wind chill are below -20ºF or colder. Temperatures and/or wind chills of this extreme level are considered dangerously cold if exposure is over 10-15 minutes. With students walking to school and waiting at bus stops, we consider this extreme cold a safety issue.
- The National Weather Service issues a Wind Chill Warning when wind chills are -25 or colder.
- For Families: Edgewood City Schools will use our mobile app (Edgewood City Schools, OH) to announce school cancellations or delays due to weather. Download our mobile app for free (on Google Play or the App Store) and set up notifications. We will also use the primary phone number and email entered in Final Forms to contact you in case of a school cancellation or delay. Log on to Final Forms to verify your primary contact information is correct.
- For Staff: Download our mobile app (Edgewood City Schools, OH) to receive notifications if school is cancelled or delayed due to weather. The district will also use your school email as well as your personal email and phone number you provided for being contacted in case of a school cancellation, delay, or an emergency situation. Contact Chris Andrews, Director of Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make a change to your personal email or phone number.
- Information will also be posted to the following local television, radio and sister stations (Our district is announced as EDGEWOOD CITY SCHOOLS):
- WLWT/TV CH 5
- WCPO/TV CH 9
- WKRC/TV CH 12
- WXIX/TV CH 19
- WSTR/TV CH 64
- WLW/AM 700
- WCKY/AM 1530
INCLEMENT WEATHER GUIDELINES & COMMUNICATIONS
The following guidelines are used by Edgewood City Schools when inclement weather occurs. The safety of our students and staff is the most important factor used in deciding whether to delay or close school.
Once winter weather predictions are announced by the National Weather Service, school officials monitor multiple forecasting tools, travel the roads, and check the actual conditions. The City of Trenton, Wayne Township, St. Clair Township, Butler County, and ODOT provide great service in clearing and maintaining our county roads and community streets.
When inclement weather is a strong possibility or reality, one of two decisions will be made by the district administration. Our district will either be: Closed or on a 2 Hour Delay.
Closing for Extreme Cold Weather
Communicating Closures and 2 hour Delays
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: /EdgewoodCitySchools Twitter: @EdgewoodCougs