Several EHS faculty & students participated in "Shadow a Student Challenge" on November 6. This is a national movement that allows schools to create better learning experiences for students. The EHS faculty members who participated in the challenge agreed it was an illuminating experience. The insights our teachers shared included: the importance of building relationships, being more empathetic with students, the need to re-evaluate the scheduling process as well as possibly considering alternative teaching models for the future. The group agreed this activity should be repeated again so more of our educators have the chance to experience this challenge.
Thanks to the following individuals who participated in the challenge:
- Alex Ahlers shadowed Michael Hileman
- Nicole Panno shadowed Bella Venters
- Jessica Winstel shadowed Corrie Wilder
- Sabrina Huffman shadowed Emma Hall
- Mike Hendel shadowed Jacob Insprucker