In preparation for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year, we want to inform our Edgewood families and staff that lunch prices will increase by $0.15 per lunch when school begins in August. Breakfast pricing will not change. The price for breakfast will remain at $1.50 at all buildings.
Here are the details regarding changes in lunch prices:
- Lunch prices at Edgewood Elementary School, Seven Mile Elementary School, and Babeck Early Childhood Center will be $2.75 (previously $2.60).
- Lunch prices at Edgewood High School and Edgewood Middle School will be $3.00 (previously $2.85).
Not since the start of the 2016-2017 school year has Edgewood needed to increase prices for lunches. Due to the increased cost of food and supplies, the price increase was necessary to cover expenses.
To assist you with the increase in lunch prices, we encourage all families to apply for the Free and Reduced-price Meal Program.
- If your family is approved for the Free Meal Program, your child eats free for both breakfast & lunch for the school year.
- If your family is approved for the Reduced-price Meal Program, breakfast would cost $0.30 and lunch would cost $0.40 daily for your child.
Parents can apply online for the Free and Reduced-price Meal Program AFTER August 1, 2019: at www.lunchapplication.com
- Notification of your application status will be emailed to you or mailed to your home address, if preferred. All information is kept confidential.
- If you prefer to complete at paper application, one will be provided to your child on the first day of school.
- Please keep in mind, you can apply to this program anytime during the school year.
Provided below is the Income Eligibility Guidelines you can use to determine if your family would be eligible for the Free and Reduced-price Meal Program. We encourage every family to apply this year. The eligibility guidelines change from year to year, so even if you applied in the past and were not approved, you may quality this year.
If you have questions, please contact David Jewell, Edgewood Food Service Supervisor, at (513) 867-3418 after August 1.