Here's what you need to know:
- Click here for the medication permit form. This form can also be found on our website under: Administration>Health Services>click on the "Medication Permit Form" located on the right side of the page.
- All medications must be received in the school office directly from a parent or responsible adult; and controlled substances, such as Ritalin or Adderall, must be counted at school when designated staff receive the medication. The parent or adult should remain present to verify the “pill count.”
- All medications must be in the original container and properly labeled with the student’s name. Never send medications to school in envelopes, plastic baggies, backpacks or in your child’s pockets. These medications will not be given.
- A separate medication permit form must be completed for each medication the student will be taking and signed by both the parent and physician.
- Please share a copy of Edgewood’s school medication permit form with your child’s physician so that it will be on file for future use. Call your child’s school if you have any questions or concerns.